Our School Office will open again on August 29th
The Delta School District endeavours to accommodate students at the school in their attendance area, provided that there is a suitable placement and any maximum limits on enrolment set by the Board are not exceeded.
When students are registered, they are enrolled for the program and not necessarily to a particular class or school. When enrolment reaches or exceeds the maximum planned for a particular school, it becomes necessary to have some students attend the closest school that has space.
September to June - Registration form available HERE
Parents register their child(ren) at their neighbourhood school. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604.952.5345 or 604.952.5346 or check the School Locator.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PRESENTED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION:
For all students entering K-12:
Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students (original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation)
Appropriate proof of residence (purchase / rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord) * please note, a driver's licence or monthly bill such as credit card, cable or phone, are not sufficient
Most recent report card from previous school, if available
For students entering Kindergarten:
As above, plus:
Immunization record, Care Card, medical and emergency contact information
During July and August:
Elementary Schools will be open for registration on Tuesday, August 30 and Wednesday, August 31, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
For students whose first language is not English (ELL):
For Elementary students, ELL testing is done at the elementary school in September.
School will start on Tuesday, September 6th. We are very much looking forward to welcoming new and returning students.
The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 6th. On this day:
- Kindergarten students in group A will attend from 9:30 a.m.– 10:15 a.m., and Kindergarten student in group B will attend from 11:00 - 11:45.
- Students in grades 1 to 7 will attend from 9:00 - 12:08 pm. Information will be posted on bulletin boards near our undercover area indicating where students should go on the first day. As classes will not be finalized for the first day, students in grades 1 to 7 will not go into their new classes on the first day of school. For most students, this will mean going back to their last year’s classroom, but please check the boards for more specific information posted outside on the morning of September 6th.
* Students in grades 1 to 7, who are new to the school, should report to the office.
WHAT DO WE BRING ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?
Please do NOT send your child to school with their full complement of school supplies! For the first several days, students should bring basic supplies – pen/pencil, pencil crayons, scissors, etc...
Once students are placed in their classes, their teachers will let them know what supplies to bring and when.
School supply lists for Grades 1 - 7
School supply lists for Kindergarten
Wednesday, September 7th
- Students in grades 1 to 7 begin "regular hours" and will attend from 9:00 to 3:00
- Kindergarten students will attend in small groups, as per the gradual entry schedule. as per the gradual entry schedule, which were sent to you in the mail. You can access another copy of the letter here. However you will need to know which group your child is in as the schedules differ. Please contact the school office (604-594-8491) if you are not sure of your child's group.