A huge hello to our Sunshine Hills community from us to you. We hope you’ve all had a fun and relaxing summer. The weather has been sublime. Our school looks great both inside and out because our district custodial and maintenance crews worked very hard to ensure our start up is fresh and inviting. The school definitely has a buzz this week as staff is getting ready to welcome your children. Our day of professional learning yesterday was dedicated to wellness, connectedness, community, and overall school planning.
As we approach school start up, your children may be feeling a multitude of emotions and we would like to address that by outlining procedures for the first week:
- All returning students will report to their old classrooms by lining up outside the doors they lined up at last year. Note any changes of classroom locations for teachers who moved to different classrooms. Please see information on our website which will be posted by the end of the week.
- Students will be reporting to their last year’s teachers.
- Please do not send school supplies on Tuesday…just something to write on and a pen or pencil. Teachers will advise students when to bring their supplies to school.
- New class lists will be confirmed as soon as possible once we confirm our school population numbers as shifts have taken place over the summer.
- All new students will report to the office.
- All international students will report to the office.
- Kindergarten is gradual entry (all families have been updated).
- Please welcome back Mme Brown, Ms. Tsougrianis, Mr. Riddick, and Mrs. Hastings. Please welcome Mme Simpson (Vice-Principal), Ms. Schaefer who will be working alongside Ms. Tsougrianis and Mrs. Siekman (EA). We also have a few new teachers who will be named shortly.
- Tuesday, September 6th is an early dismissal at 12:00PM.
- THIS YEAR WILL SEE US RETURN TO THE SINGLE BELL SYSTEM: 8:55AM warning, 9:00AM entry and 3:00PM dismissal. Our Sunshine staff is looking forward to seeing many new and returning faces next week. It’s going to be a fantastic school year and we are looking to seeing our students next week.J