Documents for New Families to Delta
This page has information on:
- Kindergarten Registration for 2022/2023 School Year
- Registration for Grade 1 to 7 for 2022/2023 School Year
Please scroll down the page to locate the information.
KN Registration for 2022/2023
A child may be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2022/2023 if his or her fifth birthday occurs on or before December 31st of the current year (born in 2017).
Kindergarten registration for the 2022/2023 school year will be held from February 14-20, 2022. Registration will be done ONLINE for your catchment area school. For verification of your catchment area school, please check the School Locator. .
Please have the following documents ready to upload with your child’s registration (all documents must be received in order to process the registration):
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport) (registration will not be accepted until proof of birth date is received).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card).
- BC Services Card
- Proof of Residency (Property Taxes – current receipt, purchase/rental agreement or rental receipt).
Incomplete information and documents will delay the registration process. Please ensure that all documents included with your child’s registration are legible.
We will process your child’s registration as soon as possible. The office will email you further documents to complete. Once all documents have been received and your child has been accepted, we will follow up with a email confirming acceptance at Sunshine Hills. The whole process may take several months to complete. Parents should be aware that students may be required to attend a school outside of their usual attendance area if class enrolments exceed 20.
If you live in our catchment and would like your Kindergarten aged child to attend a school other than Sunshine Hills, an online non-catchment application form must be completed. Non-catchment applications will be accepted online only commencing February 7, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. Applications received prior to March 4, 2022 will receive priority in their respective category. Approvals will be processed as soon as possible, but may be held until the second week of September, therefore, parents should register their child at their catchment area school the week of February 14-20, 2022 to ensure a placement. Schools will hold non-catchment forms until approved by the Assistant Superintendent; no approval of non-catchment requests may be given at the school level.
Registration for Grade 1 to 7 for 2022/2023
Sunshine Hills is pleased to accept applications from families and students residing within our catchment area beginning February 7th. Please contact us for further details and registration forms.
For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Continuing Delta Students
- Students already registered at Sunshine Hills will continue for the new school year.
- Sunshine Hills students who wish to submit a Non-Catchment Application at a new school, must submit a new Non-Catchment Application and will receive priority in this category if their application is received at the requested school starting February 7 and before March 4, 2022.
Please note the following documents are required for registration:
- Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students (original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation).
- Appropriate proof of residence (purchase/rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord). Please note additional documentation may be requested by the school.
- BC Services Card (please include both sides of this card), medical and emergency contact information.
- Most recent report card from previous school, if available.
Registration for Kindergarten to Grade 7
For this School Year
If you are new to Delta and live in our catchment area and would like to register your child for the this school year, please contact the school office at 604-594-8491.